M&A #34: Amis

Amis returns to give us a second mix on this sunny sunday inside. After a huge year for him, playing anywhere and everywhere, he brings this smooth 90 mins of high tempo jungley and grimey action. Filmed in his bedroom, the tunes were so good he is literally walking up the walls throughout. He's part of the Lift Up! crew doing some special stuff over on their page, so check them out as well as his own artist page over this spring indoor excursion we're all having. Can't wait to see whats up next for this boy!
The video can be found over on our facebook:


And the Mixcloud as usual:



How did you record the mix?

Recorded from my mixer into Ableton with a bit of compression/limiting on the master bus. Video was just off my phone.

What were you trying to do with it?

I’ve mainly been focussing on production at the moment - and not mixing much. I also don’t really get a chance to mix vinyl when I’m at uni, so I wanted to play some records that I haven’t in a while and just have a bit of fun with it. I’m a little rusty but there’s a few good mixes in there! I’ve just invested in some live streaming equipment (what DJ hasn’t) so wanted to do a mix with some video to get used to the process.

What’s coming up for you in the future?

I want to use the time and space I’ve got at the moment to push my production more - I’ve got a few releases lined up with just final touches to add. There are a few things coming on the Lift Up project too, so keep an eye on the page! 


Tracklist:

djrum - Unblocked
V.I.V.E.K - ‘94
Skeptical ft. DRS - Paper House
Breakage - Untitled
K-Lone - Barbarossa
EVA808 - Too Late
Kahn - Fierce (Commodo Remix)
EVA808 - It’s Me Bitch
Egoless - Decolonise
Commodo - Rikers
Ishan Sound ft. Rider Shafique - Trojan
Breakage - Calahan
Rocks FOE - Fight the Good? Fight
Indigo - Neveah 
RSD - Jah Way
Bengal Sound - Never Mind
Ago - I. Got.
Peverelist - Roll With The Punches
Ago - Good Luck!
Headland - Tasty Witch
Kode9 - Magnetic City
Headland - Bedrock
Nomine - Blind Man
Mala - Forgive
RSD - Pretty Bright Light
Peverelist - Erstwhile Rhythm
OCB - The Anticlimax (Aquaquest Pt. 2)
Egoless - Empire of Dirt
ILL002 - Untitled A
Skream - Phatty Drummer (Yazzus 160 Remix)
Special Request - Stairfoot Lane Bunker (Minor Science Remix)
Manga St. Hillare ft. JME, Frisco - True to Me
Zonae - Diamonds
Mark Pritchard - GIving Up
AYA - I Will Not Come At Your Beck And Call I Am At Home Preemptively Mashing Up The Dance…
ILL002 - Untitled B
Coco Bryce - Lovin U
Sir Spyro ft. Teddy Bruckshot, Lady Chann, Killa P - Topper Top (Sir Hiss Jungle Remix)
L U C Y - About Her
Chimpo - Quick Queue
JD. REID ft. Rocks FOE - Prey
djrum - Induction
DRS x Slay x Chimpo - Hurt Someone
TMSV - Take U Back
La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream Remix) (Cardinal Sound Bootleg)
Chimpo - I Wanna Be Down Relick



Comments

Popular Posts