M&A #33: Evalution


In Evalution's second contribution to Milk & Alcohol, she turns up the calm and takes us back to a kinder time. Having graduated last year, she now lives and works in London with the occasional trip back up to Cambridge to play at Grandma Groove. She's working at putting a new mix out each month to display the range of styles in her collection, and March's edition appears here, exclusively for us. As the first of the run of features to round out the M&A mix series, let's open a window and turn this one up to full; take a breath of fresh air and get away from all the madness of now.



How did you record the mix?

Serato Pro

What were you trying to do with it?

For my self-discipline, I have been doing mix every month since the time I have borrowed a controller from my dear friend Nadia. A month ago I asked on my insta story which mix should I make: disco or calm music for studying because I would rather make something that my friends would wanna listen to. I got 50/50 because there are annoying instagram accounts with 15K followers who go through small accounts and participate in all the polls and stuff just so that you notice and follow them lol So the majority of my friends clicked “Calm music” and those influencers have messed my statistics.

I have recorded this mix while my friend Maddy has been napping and we were on the facebook video call. She ended up sleeping until 7am the next morning.

I sort my music through Spotify and have been collecting in one playlist this kind of vibe for a while. I have chosen those songs because it makes me feel in a certain way and I wanna transmit it to people.

Like mysterious but also friendly, it keeps you concentrated on your work but at times there is “Chaka Khan” and you are like “Yes, it’s the break time!”. So yes, this is supposed to make you study and work.

What’s coming up for you in the future?

I wanna make disco house mix again for April. I actually discovered trance music recently,- so would love to experiment on that and make a mix as well.



Evalution's Tracklist:


Mr Scruff - Get A Move On!
Daso - Meine
Claptone - Maximum
Snacks - Matinee
Crazy P - Like A Fool
Ross From Friends - Pale Blue Dot (original mix)
Orm - Indicke Meditace (Tasun Reinterpretation)
Chaka Khan - Hello Happiness
D Tiffany - How Ru Plush
Midnight Magic - Beam Me Up (Jacques Renault remix)
Jeigo - An Ode to Midnight
Solomun Remix - Late night
Monolink - Return To Oz
Jayda G - Heaven Could Be Lately

Comments

Popular Posts